INSPIRISLES is a completely original all ages Tabletop RPG promoting storytelling, empathy and Deaf awareness with an emphasis on cooperation.
Play as teens gifted with extraordinary powers!
You play Pendragons, the descendents of Arthur and Guinevere. Sent to the Inspirisles, you must fight a dark energy known as Disbelief to restore their World Tree. By learning Shaping, a language allowing you to harness the elements, you will bring peace back to a crumbling kingdom.
Learn British and American sign language as you cast spells, solve puzzles and battle monsters!
INSPIRISLES features a unique system we have called Shaping. It allows participants to engage with Deaf culture and learn sign language (ASL and BSL included). It also forms the dice mechanic at the heart of the game, where you wield the elements to fight back Disbelief.
Work together to heal an ailing land and restore a fractured kingdom!
INSPIRISLES encourages teamwork at every turn. Only by Shaping can the party overcome the tests of our game. Belief Barriers are non-combative tests where our Pendragons must think up ways their elements can solve puzzles. Disbelief Battles are combative tests, where our Pendragons must pit their elements against a dangerous opponent.
A rules-light roleplaying experience!
For the most fun, we recommend running the game with five players. One player volunteers to be the Grail Guide (GG), whilst the others form a party of Pendragons. It’s the Guide’s role to describe the Islands, plan the Questing Days (adventures) and give voice to the many characters and creatures the Pendragons will meet. We recommend the role to an adult or confident storyteller. Sessions typically run 2-3 hours and can feature anything from a series of intense battles to a relaxing afternoon of downtime.
Great for any age!
Beyond Shaping, Inspirisles offers everything enthusiasts have come to expect from a modern RPG. Alongside the natural benefits of roleplaying, we have wholesome character creation, a simple but engaging 3d6 rolling mechanic, an intuitive guide for planning and running sessions, exhaustive story prompts, robust safety tools and disability inclusion throughout.
Groundbreaking RPG that teaches American Sign Language (ASL) as you play! 200 pages including:
- A history of the Islands and their inhabitants.
- Pendragon character creation.
- Sign language tutorials, including Deaf awareness tips and a strong introduction taking you from the fingerspelling alphabet to your first conversations.
- A fun 3d6 dice rolling system.
- How to run sessions as the Grail Guide and plan Questing Days using storytelling archetypes.
- A host of worldbuilding inspirations, including vibrant locations, ways of earning Belief, festivals, famous Friends and foes and a menagerie of fae creatures.
- A starter Questing Day: ‘Friends in High Places'. - Stunning full-colour illustrations from cover to cover, featuring dozens of diverse characters and a myriad of creatures, locations and intricate knot art.
- Dyslexia friendly fonts to prioritise accessibility.
- Sensitivity reading and safety tools, including a consent questionnaire, reflection mechanic and X card.
- Full colour or B&W versions of the Pendragon sheet, and sign language material.