The night is at its darkest, and you can hear every leaf that crunches under your hastily mended boots.
Even after adjusting to the darkness, your eyes struggle to make out shapes in the forest. The woods go silent for a moment as the wind stops and you stand perfectly still to listen.
Impossible creatures of the night are watching. You feel a hot breath on your neck and then fur brushing across your back. Hesitation sets in as it starts to rain…
In Fearsome Wilderness, your characters begin the game as prisoners aboard a transport spaceship who have recently awoken from long-term hibernation. In the prologue scenario, the prison transport ship crashes on a densely wooded planet inhabited by unnatural fearsome critters of American lumberjack folklore. The horror is compounded by the fact that waking up from such an extended period of hibernation can do strange things to the mind.
Fearsome Wilderness: The Roleplaying Game includes:
- A player-centric, story driven experience
- Easy rules based off the Year Zero Engine
- 16 different Character Archetypes to choose from
- A world map to explore with hexagons designating Sectors in the wilderness
- A prologue scenario which introduces players to the characters and setting
- 12 location scenarios that include story elements, mysteries to investigate, NPCs to interact with, maps to explore, as well as a countdown of events and hooks to lead the characters on their adventure
- One major plot twist which leads the characters to a climatic 2-part ending scenario
- 25 fearsome critters that players may encounter in the wilderness each with their own unique stats, descriptions, weaknesses, and attack styles
- 36 interaction nightmares for players to experience while unconscious, along with unique rules associated with the characters’ Nightmare Levels and instructions to create your own nightmare encounters
- Over 50 potential projects to upgrade your shelter
- Quick reference charts and general information about wildlife, animal threats, hunting, fishing, foraging, trapping, filtering water, starting a fire, and many more details to inspire your wilderness survival roleplaying
- An easy guide to randomly generate wilderness Sectors offering limitless possibilities