BROKEN CITIES is a diceless, GMless role playing game in which players take the role of Travelers coming to a City with adventurous goals in mind, while the City wants to convince them to go through the sacrifice needed to fix it. Its base version requires 2 to 5 players (though the game also includes a solo variant), for one-shots of 3-4 hours requiring very little preparation.
You'll like this game if you enjoy surrealism and weird adventures, asymmetrical roles and urban exploration.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE GAME?
BROKEN CITIES features a complete game system plus everything you need to create and play adventures within its 88 pages:
- Diceless, card-based game mechanics: it's always up to the players to decide whether they succeed at a cost or fail
- A step-by-step guide to create the City and its odd atmosphere, as well as the quirky Travelers visiting it
- Asymetrical roles: the City (controlled by 1 to 5 players) describes its streets and give the Travelers (played by 1 to 5 players) hard choices to react to
- Dozens of examples to help you come up with ideas of NPCs and places on the spot
- Variant rules to play the game solo
- And more!
The game features a clear and efficient layout by Nicolas Folliot (who did the layout for Meanwhile, in the Subway and Two Summers) and a gorgeous cover by Laurent Rivelaygue.